A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blessed Marie Celine of the Presentation

I just picked up the mail, and my Poor Clares had sent me a holy card of the Blessed Marie Celine of the Presentation. I hadn't heard of her before, but after reading this short biography, I learned about her short but saintly life. Fun fact: After her death, she appeared to many via fragrances, which earned her the nickname: "Saint of the Perfumes!" Maybe I should go looking for that old Chanel bottle....

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sexton said...

OK, this has nothing to do with Bl. Celine, but I just found your site which I may look at more later, and wanted to tell you you should read about the Franciscans of the Immaculate. They have Friars, Sisters and Poor Clares, although their Poor Clares are very new and only in Italy, so the only things on the web I've seen about them are in Italian. If you do read Italian, you can see a little about them here: http://www.missiomariae.com/rivista/Autunno_02.htm#Clarisse%20dell’Immacolata under "Clarisse." This page has general information about the FI in English: http://www.santuarioquintiliolo.it/english/FRAME_file/Franciscans%20of%20the%20Immaculate.htm. :) Happy Sunday!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>