A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Be Still, My Soul

Dear friends- Please keep me and my family in your prayers...we all are heading into a time of great anxiety. Hence, I might not be able to post as regularly for the next couple of weeks, but I would appreciate it if you could keep us in your prayers. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of Memorial Day weekend! While it's still the month of May, don't forget to say a few 'Hail Mary's' in honor of Our Lady!

I was in a local Christian bookstore a couple of weeks ago, and the radio played this gorgeous hymn called "Be Still, My Soul". Apparently it's a well-known Lutheran hymn, but having grown up in a 'Gather Parish' I never heard it before. The lyrics perfectly express the importance of having confidence during times of anxiety...indeed, there are many times I wish that I could just turn 'off' my worries like flipping a lightswitch! Click on this link right to hear the tune and read the beautiful lyrics!

May God reward you for your patience and prayers!

- Chiara :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Farley said...

Dear Chiara - praying for you, here in far off (and rather damp!) Dorset, in the SW UK.

It's always helped me at times like this to remember that Romans 8.28 is absolutely true!

Pax et Bonum

Mike

4:36 AM  
Blogger Brother Charles said...

Here's wishing you peace, Chiara, and the assurance of my prayers. Be well.

yours, a religious who grew up in a 'Gather Order.'

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>