A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus!


Happy Feast of the Sacred Heart! Thank you all for your prayers in response to my last post- I would appreciate your continued prayers!

When I went to mass this morning, I learned that this will be the only time in most of our lifetimes that the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart will fall during the month of May. Thus, today we have the opportunity to commemorate Mary (since May is her special month) and the Sacred Heart!

I've devoted a number of my past posts to the Sacred Heart, including a reflection from last year, an overview of St. Margaret Mary's life, and a post about Frank Parater's devotion to the Sacred Heart.

Also, here are a few links to Visitation Monasteries, including Monte Maria, which is located about a half hour from my apartment:



Visitation Monastery, Mobile, AL- I haven't posted on this monastery before, but check out the pictures, it looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! If any of ya'll have been here before, please leave a comment and tell me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>