A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Publicity for "Chiara": Thank You, St. Benedict Church!


So my "Canticle" is finally being sung once again! I am so sorry about the dearth of pictures for the past week or so....the web-site on which the pictures are stored was seemingly having some indigestion.

As I prepare to leave Virginia, there have been many bittersweet goodbyes- including my last visit to St. Benedict Church in Richmond today. The pastor, Fr. James Kauffmann, had seen my blog post on St. Benedict's from a couple of weeks ago and gave me a very kind e-mail thanking me for my praise of his parish. Now Fr. Kauffmann knew me by face for the past year and a half, since I came to daily mass each day when I lived in Richmond last summer. However, he never realized that I was Chiara, the person who runs this blog. Thus, I decided to reveal my secret identity to him this morning before mass. The surprise went both ways- not only was he surprised to realize that I'm the elusive "Chiara," but I was bowled over when he opened up the church announcer to show me that he had reprinted my post for the entire parish to see!

So....I'd like to thank Fr. Kauffmann and all of the wonderful, welcoming parishioners at St. Benedict for being such amazing supporters of this blog! I will miss all of you when I move up North!

More to come in the week ahead....because after this Friday, you won't hear from me for at least several weeks on account of the start of my new job.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brother Charles said...

congratulations, Chiara, and best of luck for the new job!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Deep Submerge said...

Chiara,

As someone who MC'd at St. Ben's from time to time, sings in the choir, and has read your blog bit by bit, though I know not your face, you will be sorely missed!

May God bless you as you go out into a new part of life!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations and best of luck with you new job!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>