A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Advent News from the Monastery!




After finishing up my last and toughest final exam, I couldn't have received a better reward- my wonderful Sisters at the Bethlehem Poor Clare Monastery in Barhamsville, Virginia wrote me a beautiful Christmas card and sent me their newsletter!

In their newsletter, they mentioned that in August, about a dozen girls went on a "nun run" and stayed in their guest quarters. If any of ya'll happen to be reading this blog, please contact me at chiara1194@yahoo.com! I'd really love to hear all about your visit!

The Poor Clares are doing well, too! I'm greatly anticipating my potential first-time meeting with the Mother Abbess at that monastery next week. I hope that it comes to pass (there are issues with my parents that prevent it- they're not very hot on contemplative life, like alot of people) so please pray for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>