A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Any St. Clare picture that you could EVER WANT!


















Well, after hours of procrastinating and not doing accounting homework, I've finally compiled the ALL INCLUSIVE collection of every and any picture of St. Clare that you could ever want! Not only does this include official pictures of St. Clare, but also other paintings that remind me of St. Clare, as well as pictures of me dressed as St. Clare. Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed, huh? It involved me looking up Clare's name in about five different languages and "googling" it.

Click HERE to see all of the pictures!

Also, please e-mail me if you find any cool Clare pictures that aren't on there already.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pictures of St Clare!!! That is so lovely :)

Love and prayers!!!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello? I'm just wondering if you check your comments or not....I've tried commenting before....

Okies! I just want to thank you SOOOO very much for having the link to the Poor Clares in Newport News! Have you read Sr Miriams fathers view on her vocation? its beautiful :) Why I'm so glad for the link is that they have the link to the Federation which they belong to!

I may have said in my other comments, but I'm discerning with the Poor Clares in Eindhoven, the Netherlands!!! They are also of the Collettine reform, and were founded off Mother Francis' monastery in Roswell, NM. :)

I loke your blog so far, keep it out! (I love anything Franciscan, and I think its so cool that your blog is so focussed on St Clare! its my confirmation name actually.)

Well, my love and prayers in our Crcucified Christ and His Sorrowful Mother,
Emily

ps: feel free to look at my site :)

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>