A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Saint Clare Comic Strip in Spanish!




"The Adventures of Sister Clare" in Spanish! Posted by Picasa

So continuing with my obsession with "Santa Chiara," I was procrastinating yet again when I had to dust off my High School Spanish skills and found this AWESOME "SANTA CLARA" website, complete with really POD paintings of her, and a kids' comic strip!

You better check it out, or else I'll send the Saracens after you!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Under Monday, November 14, 2005, The "MereComplexities" and "take a look!" links aren't working. They appear to have an erroneous http// in the URL.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

10:10 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Welcome to the Blog world.

I have a daughter, Clare. If she had been a boy, she would have been francis - so you can guess my leanings!

The Spanish cartoon book looks interesting. - Lee (Francis)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I just randomly stumbled across your blog. Its rather lovely! I loooove Franciscans (my confirmation name is Clare) I'm discerning with PCC's at the moment (ones in the Netherlands - founded off Mother Mary Francis' monastery in Roswell. :)) I've always wanted to read "A right to be merry." I'm going to bookmark your blog thanks!

My love and prayers, in our Jesus and Mary!

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chiara, I just wanted to be the first to comment!!!!!! peace!
love catherine of siena

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>