A joyfully Franciscan view of Catholic life, inspired by St. Clare (Santa Chiara) of Assisi!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Chiara Offreduccio (St. Clare) was born in 1194. It is said that when her mother had Chiara in her womb, an angel appeared to her and said, "your child will be a light that will illuminate the world!" Hence, her mother named the child Chiara, which means "light. As G.K. Chesterton put it, St. Clare was a romantic figure just like Juliet was. However, instead of running away from her family in order to be with an earthly man, Clare gave up everything and ran away from her family for the love of her Savior!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

"You don't have to be a monk to live like one..."


I hope that all of you had a wonderful octave of St. Francis! Sorry for not posting in a while…some of my loved ones have recently been sick, so I’ve been tending to those matters. Please keep us in your prayers!

I always thought that it would be really cool if there was a lay monastic organization that stretched across different Catholic Orders….well, after one of my friends sent me an email with a link to this website, I discovered that there already is!

Monkrock.com is managed by the “Oblates of the Last Transitus,” an “integrated lay association of monastics.” What is particularly appealing to me is that their patron saint is Holy Father Francis! Read more about their mission here.

Pax et bonum to you all. I look forward to posting in the near future!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brother Charles said...

Too cool, Chiara. Thanks for the link!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>